Friday, December 16, 2011

Coaching for Excellence

Coaching is helping individuals to source their own answers. It is helping the client to see the power of possibility. As an Executive Coach, it is important that I learn to ask powerful questions to direct the coachee inward, and recognize I do not have her/his answers.

We live in a culture where being right is very important. It is easy to fall into the trap of wanting to be more directive in my coaching approach. That is simply not my job. When I allow individuals to discover her/his answers it is so much more powerful and empowering!

There are so many great tools and techniques available for working with a coachee. Many of my favorites come from Learning Journeys The International Center of Coaching. Please check out their website at learningjourneys.net for a list of classes and certifications.

As I continue to coach executives, I will remind myself it is her/his journey and not mine.

Question for the week: How can you continue to increase your effectiveness as a coach?

No comments:

Post a Comment